- Information We Collect and their Sources
A. Information you provide B. Information provided by others C. Information you expressly authorize us to collect D. Automatically collected information
- Purposes For Which We Use Information
- How We Share and Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Information
- Your Choices Regarding the Sharing of your Information
- Your Communication Choices
- Changing or Removing your Information and Closing your Account
- Collection of Information from Children
- How We Protect Information
- Links to other Websites
- Privacy Information for California Residents
- Privacy Information for Nevada Residents
- Contact Us
Information We Collect and their Sources
How we collect and store information depends on the Services you use and the activities in which you participate. You can use some of the Site and Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
Visitors who access and browse the Site without registering are “Site Visitors.”In order to utilize some of the Services offered by The , you must register with The . All users who register with The are “Registered Users.”
- Information you provide
Regardless of whether you are a Site Visitor or a Registered User, all information that you provide to us when registering, posting a job, posting a profile, communicating through the Site, discussing care options over the phone, utilizing our mobile applications or that you otherwise provide on the Site or by phone, email, postal mail or otherwise, will be stored by us. You represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to provide us all information you provide about yourself or others. You may provide us with information in various ways, including:
- When registering
When you register directly through The , we will collect and store the information that you provide to us on our online registration forms. This may include, among other information, your:
- first and last name
- email address
- home address
- phone number
- When posting a job
If you are a Seeker, we collect and store all of the additional information that you provide to us on your job posting or that is otherwise included in an auto-generated job posting. This may include, among other information:
- the type of teaching you are looking for, your schedule, location, hourly rate, number and ages of children, family members, or pets (if applicable), narrative job description, requirements for a Provider (such as ability to come inperson)
- pictures you choose to provide
- health information, if you choose to provide it
- any other information you choose to include in your job posting
- When posting a profile
If you are a Provider, we collect and store all of the additional information that you provide to us in your profile. This may include, among other information:
- details on the care you offer, including for example the type of care you provide, your availability, your location, your level of education, languages you speak, your ability to relocate
- related services you provide
- pictures you choose to post
- your phone numbers
- any other information you choose to include in your profile
- Otherwise through the Site or by telephone, email, postal mail or chat
Certain Registered Users may provide additional information on the Site through other Site features and offerings such as our online communication platforms, groups and payment platforms and our senior care offerings. In some cases, Site Visitors may have the ability to provide us information through the Site, such as contact information. In addition, both Registered Users and Site Visitors may choose to provide information by phone, email, postal mail, or chat. We collect and store all of the information you provide us through these channels. Moreover, if you provide information about someone other than yourself through any of these channels, you represent that you have authority to do so.
- When registering
- Information provided by others
- By Site Visitors, Registered Users and others
The Teacher Marketplace also captures and collects information that Site Visitors, Registered Users and others provide about one another. For example, Providers may invite Site Visitors, Registered Users or others to rate and indicate their relationship to the Provider on the Site. Additionally, certain Registered Users may post reviews about individual Providers. In addition, certain Registered Users may communicate directly with one another through The platforms. Site Visitors, Registered Users and others also may provide us information about Registered Users by phone, email or postal mail. The captures and stores all information it receives from Site Visitors, Registered Users and others about other Registered Users and Site Visitors.
- By third parties to verify your information and representations
- Information you expressly authorize us to collect
We may from time to time request permission to collect certain information from or about you.
- Automatically collected information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site and Services as described in this section below.
- Log files, IP addresses and information about your computer and mobile device
When you visit the Site, The receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), your computer operating system, the type of web browser you are using, and browser language. If you are using a mobile device, The may also receive unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile or other device(s), and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other information we have about you. We may also automatically collect information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site and the Services, such as referring and exit pages, URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed (including ads viewed) and the order of such views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you use the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
- Cookies and other technologies
- Online analytics and advertising
When you visit our Site or open one of our emails, we may allow authorized third parties, such as ad servers, ad agencies, ad exchanges, ad technology vendors, and research firms, to place or recognize a unique cookie, pixel, and/or similar technologies on your browser in order to provide you relevant The advertisements as you surf the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to you based on information these authorized third parties know or infer about you and include in the cookies placed on your browser, and/or on information about your Internet browsing activities gathered through your browser. If you prefer not to receive these online behavioral advertisements, you may opt-out here or here. In order for the opt-out to work, your browser must be set to accept third party cookies. Furthermore, if you buy a new computer or mobile device, change web browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you will need to perform the opt-out task again. Please note that if you opt-out you may continue to receive The advertisements as you surf the Internet, including contextual ads based on the content on a webpage you are visiting. However, these advertisements will not be displayed based on information contained in, or collected by, cookies or other technologies placed on your browser when you visit our Site or open our emails.
We also use Google Analytics to measure Site usage and improve our visitor experience. The relevant data is provided to us by Google in the aggregate (i.e., individual users are not identified) and allows us to better understand our Site audience. The Google Analytics features implemented by us allow us (i) to evaluate and generate reports on certain demographic, behavioral, and interest metrics of users collected by Google, and (ii) to create advertising remarketing audiences and campaigns based on such metrics, which may be segmented into aggregated groups. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings form at https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
- Social media features and widgets
- By Site Visitors, Registered Users and others
- Information you provide
Purposes For Which We Use Information
In general, the information we collect is used for our business purposes: (1) to improve our Services and enhance your experience with The , (2) to enable us to provide a safer community for all of our Registered Users, and (3) to help us communicate with you. For example, we may use your information to:
- register and service your account;
- include in Seeker profiles, job postings and Provider profiles;
- contact you in response to questions and solicit feedback and input from you;
- notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers, or other information that we believe will be of interest to you via email, SMS messages, or other media or networks;
- administer sweepstakes and contests;
- enable Seekers with each other and with Providers to search based on the information the other has made available on the Site, and information others have provided about them;
- connect Seekers with Providers that appear to meet their needs and preferences;
- enable Registered Users to search for, find, interact, connect and share information with other Registered Users they may have an interest in interacting with;
- perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and usage patterns, including to improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- otherwise help protect the safety and integrity of the Site and The users;and
- personalize promotional messages or content on the Site, via email or other ads on The or third party sites.
If we terminate your registration for any reason, we reserve the right to send a notice of your termination to other Registered Users with whom we believe you have corresponded.
- With vendors/service providers
We also share information with vendors with whom we have a contractual relationship and who perform services for The including, without limitation, vendors who provide email, demographic information, or geo-location information services, vendors who perform background checks or Preliminary Membership Screens, vendors who process or accept credit card payments, vendors who run classified advertising businesses, vendors who send SMS messages to Registered Users’ mobile phone numbers, vendors who provide services that enable us and other third parties to detect and prevent fraud, in each case to the extent applicable. In certain cases (such as for vendors who help facilitate our online communication services or provide fraud detection and prevention services), the information we share may include the contents of written and audio messages you send through our online communication platforms.
- With listings in and through Google and other public search engines, social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Google+), and on other third party websites)
In an effort to further facilitate the ability of Seekers or Providers to find a caregiver or job, selected information contained in Seeker job postings and Provider profiles, which may include photo, first name, first initial of last name, city, state, and job/provider description, may also be shared with third party search engines, social media sites, and other third party websites or vendors who run classified advertising and other businesses, and thus may be listed in third party web site search results and on third party websites, which would make that information available to the public and allow them to link to your The posting.
- As required by law or for reasons of safety
- With Your Consent
We also may share your information with a third party if you consent to the sharing.
- Business transactions
- With vendors/service providers
Your Choices Regarding the Sharing of your Personal Information
Registered Users have control over what optional information they choose to share with us when utilizing our Services (such as pictures, certain details in a job description or profile, etc.).
In addition, Registered Users have the following opt out choices with respect to the sharing of their information:
- Registered Users can opt out of having their The online status visible to other Registered Users who are on The .
- Registered Users can opt out of having information contained in their job postings or caregiver profiles shared with third party web sites to be listed in third party search engine results such as Google.
- Providers who have chosen to have their phone number made available to other Registered Users can later change their election so that their number is no longer visible.
- Providers can opt out of having their age visible to Registered Users.
Your Communication Choices
By becoming a Registered User, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, such as special offers, tips and advice, notifications of new Seekers or Providers in your area, customer surveys and administrative notices.
Changing or Removing your Personal Information and Closing your Account
You can update certain of your information by logging into your account and accessing your settings. If you would like to remove some of the information you have posted on the Site, such as information you posted in profiles and job postings, you may do so by editing or deleting that item in your My Profile & Setting area or your My Jobs area. To request removal of other information you have voluntarily posted on our Site, such as information you may have posted in online group forums, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to reasonably accommodate your request to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you no longer wish to participate in our Services, you may close your account directly through your settings.
If you close your The account, we will remove your name and other contact and identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, de-identified information, account recovery, auditing our records, enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements, or if required by law. The Teacher Marketplace may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Registered Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, emails you send through The Teacher Marketplace to other Users, as well as your contributions to The groups, may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that others have copied, may also remain visible. The disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information, or any obligation not to delete the information. The does not control when search engines update their search index or cache, which may contain certain job posts, profiles or other information that have since been removed from the Site.
Collection of Information from Children
The ‘s Site and Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 14. Moreover, if we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
How We Protect Information
We have implemented a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of information that we collect, process, and store and the current state of technology.
Privacy Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect. Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of personal information we collect from and about our users. Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of personal information we collect as defined by California law. The categories we collect depending on the types of services you use are:
- identifiers (such as name, address, email address);
- commercial information (such as transaction data);
- financial data (such as payment method details and billing address);
- internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or usage information);
- geolocation information (e.g., your approximate location based on IP address, or precise location with your consent);
- inference data about you (e.g., the additional services or advertising we think would be of most interest to you based on your interactions with us);
- professional or employment-related data (e.g., if you are a Provider, your references and employment history);
- education information (e.g., if you are a Provider, your level of education);
- legally protected classifications (such as gender or information obtained from a background check, where applicable);
- physical characteristics or description (e.g., photos you choose to upload to your job postings or profile);
- sensory or visual information (e.g. if you provide us this information in connection with senior care planning or child care)
- medical information (e.g. if you provide us this information in connection with senior care planning or child care); and
- other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., registration and log-in information).
Please note that specific pieces of your personal information may belong to more than one of the above referenced categories.
How we source, use, and share these categories of personal information. We source, use, and share with third parties the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the various business and operational purposes we discuss throughout this Policy and for the business and operational purposes of our service providers in accordance with the CCPA. section(s) above for more information. Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
CCPA Rights Disclosure. If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you (or an authorized agent acting on your behalf) to make certain requests related to your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information. Such information is also set forth in this Policy.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may use one or more of the following methods: (i) using your login credentials to verify you (it being understood that we may also ask you to reauthenticate yourself), or (ii) matching two or more data points provided by you with data points maintained by us. If we are unable to verify you through the foregoing methods, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a user’s behalf.
Shine the Light Disclosure. The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Privacy Information for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. If you are a Nevada resident and you have purchased services or products from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
The Teacher Marketplace, Inc.
61 Wilton Rd, Westport, CT 06880
Westport, CT 06880 USA